Yakgrips Paddle Grips for Solid Shaft Kayak Paddle, Kayaking Accessories, Non-Slip Grip, Blister Prevention - Cascade Creek
- CONFORMS TO THE CURVE OF YOUR HAND: This high-quality, patented design cushioned paddle grip makes paddling more enjoyable because it conforms to the curves of your hands. The padding reduces pressure on your palms, tendons, and fingers, allowing you to get a better grip for more efficient paddling. The soft, durable material also reduces blisters and calluses as you enjoy water activities.
- QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION: The Surfgrip model of the Yakgrips are made with a hook and loop closure. Simply locate your two hand positions on the paddle shaft. Wrap the Yakgrip around the paddle shaft under each hand position then press the hook and loop closure together so the seam lies flat on one-piece paddles. The seam should face away from you.
- SIMPLE TO WASH: These Yakgrips paddle grips require very low maintenance. We’ve made them washable! When they get dirty on the river or sweaty from your hands, the process is simple; all you have to do is wash with mild dish detergent and they’ll be ready to go for your next river, ocean, or lake trip. Unlike grip tape or other similar products, these grippers will be around for every excursion.
- MAKES PADDLING MORE EFFICIENT: If you’re a competitive kayaker, you’ll love that these stretchy, adjustable grips will improve your performance. They can also act as a training aid for learning the correct positioning on a paddle. By reducing friction on the hands, paddling becomes smoother and more effective with these waterproof accessories while helping to keep your hands blister-free.
- SEVERAL COLOR OPTIONS AVAILABLE: Want to match your Yakgrips to the color of your kayak? We provide a range of color options for you to choose from so you can do just that! Our color and style options will appeal to adults and kids alike. Choose from Black, Red, Royal Blue or Orange.
A kayak is a small, narrow watercraft which is typically propelled by means of a double-bladed paddle. The word kayak originates from the Greenlandic word qajaq .
The usual price range for a kayak is between $7.45 to $40.63.
If you want to know about kayaks in general, please go to our Kayaks: Things to Know Before Buying in 2020 page to learn more!
Jane's Review: Should I buy this product?
Yes! I recommend this kayak paddle accessory based on price trends. Let's go over the reasons why buying this kayak paddle accessory now is a good idea, and also things to consider before you decide on this item.
1. The current price is in its lowest range, best time to buy!
Price is one of the most important factors in making a purchase decision. I analyzed the price of this product in four parts: its recent price change, when it was most expensive/cheapest, its price volatility, and a price prediction I made, just in case you want to wait.
First off, let's talk about its recent price change. The price of this product has gone up, resulting in a 10.64% price increase.
Next, we need to look at its highest price and lowest price. Historically, the highest price point for this kayak paddle accessory was $16.54, and the lowest price point was $13.95. The current price isn't close to either the highest or the lowest price point, so it's a fairly reasonable time to make this purchase.
What about its availability and price volatility? This is another aspect we have to dig into before buying something. I haven't seen this product being unavailable since I started reviewing this product. So as far as the availability goes, this product is solid. If you plan to make a repeat purchase of this kind of item, this is your product! In addition, the price tends to stay more or less the same. Not a lot of price movement is expected, but the price could still move in either direction by a smidge.
Considering all this, will the price go up or down in a week? Based on past price points, I expect the price to be $15.08 a week from now. It might be best to purchase as soon as possible before the price becomes too high.Check Current Price on Amazon
2. This kayak paddle accessory has okay reviews on the internet
Some people have a great experience with a product, while some are unlucky and get a defected item and have to go through the whole process of returning them. Since people have different experiences about a product due to various reasons, don't read too much into one good or bad review. Reading multiple reviews with different ratings can help you picture how good/bad the product generally is.
This kayak paddle accessory has moderatereviews on the internet, and based on current trends, it's likely that people will like this kayak paddle accessory more a week later. I summarized what fans and haters say about this product above in the good/ok/bad table, so don't forget to read those since they paint the whole picture! And of course, if you want to read more detailed reviews, many of them are on Amazon!See More Reviews on Amazon
3. Make sure Yakgrips is a brand you can trust
Yakgrips is a fairly popular brand among other kayak paddle accessory brands. But I couldn't find any YouTube videos, Reddit posts, or news articles that directly mention this product, but this can be just me not looking hard enough. Will update this when I have more info!
One thing to be careful about here is that I'm not verifying if this product's maker is a household name or not. This section is more focused on whether this is proven enough by its consumers, whether people actually love this product.
4. Manufacturer has generally positive reviews on their other products
The maker of a product is another factor you want to definitely consider before you buy anything. What if there is a piece missing or there is some defect in the product? With anything you buy online, there is a small chance of this happening. But don't worry too much, because Amazon has an amazing 30-day refund policy (Amazon❤️). Still, you want to make sure that the manufacturer or the seller has been helpful in resolving this kind of problem and/or has been helpful to its customers about general product inquiries. The manufacturer of this product, Yakgrips, has generally positive reviews on the internet. It's generally a good sign if the manufacturer has good reviews overall. If your purchase decision heavily involves how well they make their products and treat their customers, and if you like this product, I'd go with this product!
5. There are other options you might want to check out
I found 7 brands that have similar products like this one: YYST, Premier Kayak, Lifetime, Seattle Sports, kayak paddle drip ring-1, Campingandkayaking, and the same brand as this product. 'If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, you might want to look at a similar product from Campingandkayaking. If you're looking for a kayak paddle accessory with best reviews, a product from YYST gets the best score on the internet. If your primary concern is whether the product is popular and well known, a similar product from the same brand as this product I linked below is a better option. I linked all the similar products in the similar products section so please check them out! Or you can check other similar products on Amazon, too.See Similar Products on Amazon
That's it! I hope you learned enough about this product to make a purchase decision now. You can always ask me about anything via the bird button on the bottom right corner. Thanks for reading — I'm going to add more analyses on this review, so stay tuned!