Gluten Free Asafoetida/Asafetida/Hing powder - Low FODMAP Onion and Garlic Substitute, Tested Negative for 30 Allergens, No Fenugreek, Non GMO, 4oz (113g) - Casa de Sante
- GLUTEN- AND GMO-FREE: Tested gluten & 30 allergen free (see test results image). Here, at Casa de Sante, we love this product because it is completely natural. It doesn’t contain GMOs, sodium, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and is completely vegan. Asafetida is a low FODMAP substitute that gives your food an onion and garlic flavor without the use of actual onion or garlic, making it great for those with dietary restrictions.
- LOW FODMAP: This amazing spice is also called asafoetida, or hing, and is derived from an herb called ferula, making it completely natural. Traditionally, it is used as a substitute for onion and garlic in Ayurvedic cooking as well as in Jainism and Buddhism because of its deep oniony umami notes. Simply use a pinch at a time to add great garlicky & onion flavor and seasoning to any dish.
- PROMOTES DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Recent studies show that asafetida helps provide IBS relief and also helps reduce other digestive issues such as bloating, excessive flatulence, and stomach cramps related to digestion. So, if you suffer from digestive issues but have not been able to find relief, asafetida is a more holistic option that may work for you. If your issues are chronic, consult a doctor.
- High potency organic gluten free asafetida (hing) spice - just use a pinch! Gluten Free with allergy test results attached. Non-GMO, Non-Irradiated, Gluten Free
- Casa de Sante is committed to bringing you the highest quality low FODMAP products. Check out Casa de Sante Low FODMAP Certified products, including seasoning mixes, vegetable stock, granolas, beverages and more! These products are lab tested and certified low in FODMAPs by the FODMAP Friendly Program in Australia, so you can eat with confidence. Casa de Sante products are vegan, dairy & gluten free with no additives, preservatives or fillers.
The usual price range for an asafetida is between $2.14 to $9.00.
If you want to know about asafetida in general, please go to our Asafetida: Things to Know Before Buying in 2020 page to learn more!
Jane's Review: Should I buy this product?
It depends on what you are looking for. Let's go over the reasons why buying this asafetida now is a good idea, and also things to consider before you decide on this item.
1. This asafetida has okay reviews on the internet
Some people have a great experience with a product, while some are unlucky and get a defected item and have to go through the whole process of returning them. Since people have different experiences about a product due to various reasons, don't read too much into one good or bad review. Reading multiple reviews with different ratings can help you picture how good/bad the product generally is.
This asafetida has moderatereviews on the internet, and based on current trends, it's likely that people will like this asafetida more a week later. I summarized what fans and haters say about this product above in the good/ok/bad table, so don't forget to read those since they paint the whole picture! And of course, if you want to read more detailed reviews, many of them are on Amazon!See More Reviews on Amazon
2. Take a look at its price history
Price is one of the most important factors in making a purchase decision. I analyzed the price of this product in four parts: its recent price change, when it was most expensive/cheapest, its price volatility, and a price prediction I made, just in case you want to wait.
First off, let's talk about its recent price change. This product became unavailable to purchase, so it's hard to tell. However, the last price change observed between March 17, 2020 and May 3, 2020 was a 0.00% price increase. Since this product is currently unavailable, you might want to check out the list of similar products I gathered in the similar products section!
Next, we need to look at its highest price and lowest price. Historically, the highest price point for this asafetida was $12.99, and the lowest price point was $11.99. The current price is greater than it has ever been. If the best price is what you're looking for, this could be potentially be a bad time to purchase.
What about its availability and price volatility? This is another aspect we have to dig into before buying something. This product is currently unavailable so I can't really endorse its availability, sadly. If you plan to repeatly purchase this item, I would suggest looking for a similar product or a seller who has this product with better availability! In addition, I've seen a small amount of price movement with this product. From what I've seen, the price is likely to move up or down by an average of 2.09% at a time.
Considering all this, will the price go up or down in a week? I know it's currently unavailable, but if this becomes available a week later, based on past price points, I expect the price to be $12.81 a week from now. It might be best to wait for a future price drop, but if this product checks all the boxes for you, don't wait to optimize for small gain.Check Current Price on Amazon
3. Make sure Casa de Sante is a brand you can trust
Casa de Sante doesn't attract too many people on Amazon among other asafetida brands. I couldn't find any YouTube videos, Reddit posts, or news articles that directly mention this product, but this can be just me not looking hard enough. Will update this when I have more info!
One thing to be careful about here is that I'm not verifying if this product's maker is a household name or not. This section is more focused on whether this is proven enough by its consumers, whether people actually love this product.
4. Manufacturer has generally positive reviews on their other products
The maker of a product is another factor you want to definitely consider before you buy anything. What if there is a piece missing or there is some defect in the product? With anything you buy online, there is a small chance of this happening. But don't worry too much, because Amazon has an amazing 30-day refund policy (Amazon❤️). Still, you want to make sure that the manufacturer or the seller has been helpful in resolving this kind of problem and/or has been helpful to its customers about general product inquiries. The manufacturer of this product, Casa de Sante, has generally positive reviews on the internet. It's generally a good sign if the manufacturer has good reviews overall. If your purchase decision heavily involves how well they make their products and treat their customers, and if you like this product, I'd go with this product!
5. There are other options you might want to check out
I found 7 brands that have similar products like this one: Rani Brand Authentic Indian Products, Laljee Godhoo, Vandevi, Moon Magick, Wholespice, Earthon, and The Spice Lab. 'If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, you might want to look at a similar product from Vandevi. If you're looking for a asafetida with best reviews, a product from The Spice Lab gets the best score on the internet. If your primary concern is whether the product is popular and well known, a similar product from Moon Magick I linked below is a better option. I linked all the similar products in the similar products section so please check them out! Or you can check other similar products on Amazon, too.See Similar Products on Amazon
That's it! I hope you learned enough about this product to make a purchase decision now. You can always ask me about anything via the bird button on the bottom right corner. Thanks for reading — I'm going to add more analyses on this review, so stay tuned!