ADC Complete Diagnostic Instrument Set with Otoscope, Ophthalmoscope, and Bent Arm Illuminator, 2.5V, Fitted Case, Proscope 5215
- COMPLETE 2. 5V DIAGNOSTIC INSTRUMENT SET: This full-featured set includes five popular instrument heads and a variety of accessories in a fitted, scruff- and scratch-resistant zippered case. Instrument heads feature bayonet locking mounts that allow a secure connection to the C-cell battery handle (batteries not included). Handle offers a knurled, satin finish with rheostatic on/off switch.
- OTOSCOPE FEATURES: Chrome-plated Otoscope head with removable 3X magnifying lens and insufflator fitting. Includes autoclavable, polypropylene ear specula in 2. 5mm, 3. 5mm, and 4. 5mm sizes. Also includes adapter for use with Welch Allyn (or compatible) disposable specula (plus five each of 2. 75mm and 4. 25mm disposable specula) and a nasal speculum adapter with manual screw opening for instrumentation.
- OPHTHALMASCOPE FEATURES: lens wheel featuring 24 corrective lenses from -25 to +40 diopters. Meets or exceeds ISO 10942, ISO 15004-1, and ISO 15004-2
- BENT ARM ILLUMINATOR FEATURES: Chrome-plated bent arm larynx and nasopharynx illuminator for lighting the oral cavity and pharyngeal area. Illuminator accessories include one 3. 0mm and one 4. 0mm mirror with integral tongue depressor holder, one tongue depressor attachment, and one disposable tongue depressor adapter.
- Complete set includes 5 popular instrument heads
The usual price range for an ophthalmoscop is between $5.99 to $699.00.
If you want to know about ophthalmoscopes in general, please go to our Ophthalmoscopes: Things to Know Before Buying in 2020 page to learn more!
Jane's Review: Should I buy this product?
Yes! I recommend this ophthalmoscope based on comparison with its similar products. Let's go over the reasons why buying this ophthalmoscope now is a good idea, and also things to consider before you decide on this item.
1. Sadly, this is your only option
I haven't looked into similar products of this item. Let me get back to you on this, please check back shortly! In the mean time, you can check similar products on Amazon.See Similar Products on Amazon
2. This ophthalmoscope has positive reviews on the internet
Some people have a great experience with a product, while some are unlucky and get a defected item and have to go through the whole process of returning them. Since people have different experiences about a product due to various reasons, don't read too much into one good or bad review. Reading multiple reviews with different ratings can help you picture how good/bad the product generally is.
This ophthalmoscope has positivereviews on the internet, and based on current trends, it's likely that people will like this ophthalmoscope more a week later. I summarized what fans and haters say about this product above in the good/ok/bad table, so don't forget to read those since they paint the whole picture! And of course, if you want to read more detailed reviews, many of them are on Amazon!See More Reviews on Amazon
3. Take a look at its price history
Price is one of the most important factors in making a purchase decision. I analyzed the price of this product in four parts: its recent price change, when it was most expensive/cheapest, its price volatility, and a price prediction I made, just in case you want to wait.
First off, let's talk about its recent price change. The price of this product has not changed recently, which means that it has steady and healthy supply!
Next, we need to look at its highest price and lowest price. Historically, the highest price point for this ophthalmoscope was $303.69, and the lowest price point was $172.00. The current price is greater than it has ever been. If the best price is what you're looking for, this could be potentially be a bad time to purchase.
What about its availability and price volatility? This is another aspect we have to dig into before buying something. I haven't seen this product being unavailable since I started reviewing this product. So as far as the availability goes, this product is solid. If you plan to make a repeat purchase of this kind of item, this is your product! In addition, I've seen a small amount of price movement with this product. From what I've seen, the price is likely to move up or down by an average of 3.15% at a time.
Considering all this, will the price go up or down in a week? Based on past price points, I expect the price to be $260.49 a week from now. It might be best to wait for a future price drop, but if this product checks all the boxes for you, don't wait to optimize for small gain.Check Current Price on Amazon
4. Make sure ADC is a brand you can trust
ADC doesn't attract too many people on Amazon among other ophthalmoscope brands. I couldn't find any YouTube videos, Reddit posts, or news articles that directly mention this product, but this can be just me not looking hard enough. Will update this when I have more info!
One thing to be careful about here is that I'm not verifying if this product's maker is a household name or not. This section is more focused on whether this is proven enough by its consumers, whether people actually love this product.
5. Manufacturer has generally positive reviews on their other products
The maker of a product is another factor you want to definitely consider before you buy anything. What if there is a piece missing or there is some defect in the product? With anything you buy online, there is a small chance of this happening. But don't worry too much, because Amazon has an amazing 30-day refund policy (Amazon❤️). Still, you want to make sure that the manufacturer or the seller has been helpful in resolving this kind of problem and/or has been helpful to its customers about general product inquiries. The manufacturer of this product, American Diagnostic Corporation (ADC), has generally positive reviews on the internet. It's generally a good sign if the manufacturer has good reviews overall. If your purchase decision heavily involves how well they make their products and treat their customers, and if you like this product, I'd go with this product!
That's it! I hope you learned enough about this product to make a purchase decision now. You can always ask me about anything via the bird button on the bottom right corner. Thanks for reading — I'm going to add more analyses on this review, so stay tuned!